Power shower help please? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Power shower help please? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

benunited

Hi folks

Amateur here. Generally okay with basic electrics but a bit stumped with this one.

Today I tried to install a power shower. It's an aqualisa shower with the pump built in.

I was replacing a previous shower, which turned on/off via a pull chord, and replicated the wiring.

Strange thing is no matter whether the 'box' the chord goes to says 'on' or 'off' the light on the box stays on. Don't think it did that before!

Also, the shower isn't very powerful - and I'm trying to work out if the pump is working or not.

When the box says 'on' the pump is semi-powerful - and when I turn the water off it makes a noise, a pumping noise.

When the box says 'off' the pump us also semi-powerful - and when I turn the water off there's no noise, nothing happening.

Either way,when the water is turned on there isn't any noise - now I know the pump is supposed to be quiet, but silent?

Any advice very much appreciated! Thanks

Read more: Power shower help please? - DIYnot.com - DIY and Home Improvement

Reply to Power shower help please? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
  • Article
Unidentified noise in party wall Hi 🙂 Please can anyone help to identify this noise in the wall between me and my neighbour? Complicated but will...
Replies
Views
shrewmouse
S
J
  • Article
Have my water pipes been plumbed the wrong way? Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the...
Replies
Views
jennys07
J
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Why do I have no hot water? Please help Content of the thread: Hi About 8 years ago the valve under the sink...
Replies
Views
  • Question
IP65T/F External Thermostat Frost Protection - IP65 frost thermostat external control -...
Replies
Views
  • Article
This is an RSS feed of thread: Gas or Water Pipe? Look to find cause of damp in wall. Content of the thread: Hi all, First time post so please...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks