Power supply | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Power supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lc1

-
Reaction score
I have a question about power supplies. we have a 3 core 1.5mm power cable going to a junction box to power and instrument ( terminals 1,2,3). We also have 2 more instruments going to this jb and want to link the supply round.

is it just a case of linking terminals 1to7 for live. 2 to 8 for neutral and 3 to 9 for earth? And then repeat this process for the third instrument?

thanks

You need to know if the power supply can support the demand of the additional two instruments and not overload the supply cable.
Specifying terminal numbers is not very relevant to those of use who cannot see the item to which you are referring.
In general you need each instrument to have a line, a neutral and an earth, the cable and any links being suitable for the load.

Reply to Power supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net