Power to Shed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Power to Shed in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lordy9099

Hello,

I am going to run power to my shed and have a 6 way weatherproof sentry MK Consumer Unit in the shed. My plan is is from my Meter Tails run them into a double pole service connector and have the main meter tails into that, then some meter tails into the fuse box and some meter tails into a 100a isolator and then armoured down the the shed. Does this sound ok?

Fantastic, we've not had one of these threads for...well a few hours. There's loads of info on here re this problem Lordy spend a bit of time searching mate, you'll get the lowdown on what you need to do. I'm assuming you're a spark and thus clued up on all the legal aspects of the job, cable selection and how to run it, testing and commissioning etc.

well, if you're going to fit a 100A isolator, then it's got to be a fused isolator and your cable to the shed needs to be 25mm. pikeys will love you.

well, if you're going to fit a 100A isolator, then it's got to be a fused isolator and your cable to the shed needs to be 25mm. pikeys will love you.

It would be a fused isolator with an 80A fuse, though the consumer unit has a 63A RCD and the 10mm SWA 3 Core is Current Rating of 73 Amps do I really need 25mm?

Thanks

Tel, you do make me laugh.

I'm yet to see a 100% serious comment from you - 90% sensible but always with that pinch of 'pi$$ take' on top haha.

you select your fuse/MCB to protect the cable to the shed. if using 10mm, then your fuse/MCB should be no higher rating than 50A ( reference method allowing). in other words, Iz>In>Ib

That's because Tel's a Scouser ...... a bit like a Geordie, but with a fear of a hard day's graft. ;)

that's a bit rich, coming from a geordie who's most strenuous work is lifting a schooner of dog. :45:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Power to Shed

Reply to Power to Shed in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net