Power to the switch...... | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Power to the switch...... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't understand what you're saying mate.Thats the way you wire singles on commercial installs.Have i got the wrong end of the stick here

I think you've got the wrong stick, mate!! :D

Only kidding. Just debating whether its bad protocol to power the switch and run neutral and switched line up to the light or to send power directly to the rose and then then run lines to and from the switch to control the light. The second option is normal in ceiling lights as you can run unswitched power from room to room under the boards to each light and just loop down to a switch in every room to control each light. The method of sending both line and neutral to the switch and then up to the light,as I have done in this situation, negates the possibility of looping power to lights in other rooms, as all power going up is switched and therefore can't be used in another room as its controlled by that switch only (and don't some cheeky bugger point out it could be 2 way or int!! you know what I mean, guys :D)

Hope that clears it up...although reading back through that, even I am confused!! :D

Matt

Domestic:-If there if no ceiling roses then you should be looping through the switches as you shouldn't be using j-boxes:rolleyes:.

If there is ceiling roses then of course loop through them.

Comercial(singles in conduit):-Usually looped through switches,and earth always follows feed or line conductor as its now called.

Well that was how i was taught anyway,

Agree?

Domestic:-If there if no ceiling roses then you should be looping through the switches as you shouldn't be using j-boxes:rolleyes:.

Comercial(singles in conduit):-Usually looped through switches,and earth always follows feed or line conductor as its now called.

Agree?

Sounds good to me!

Agree?

Whats wrong with using j'b's as a rose loop-in if fixed in domestic?

Reply to Power to the switch...... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net