Price To Replace Board And Rewire | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Price To Replace Board And Rewire in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Quite cheap really, i dont believe in mates rates as if your mates a bog cleaner how do you win? I mean id help a fellow trade friend out no problem but and fellow toilet scrubber i thinky not. Id want at least £550 for the board swap and £350 for the rest. Give the lad a bonus if he is helping you out, nothing worse than a family member treating you like some of the customers i meet!!! Id want a string of tea and cakes:stooge_curly:

Hi All, thank you for your kind replies.
Basically, a family member of mine is a qualified electrician and has his part p also. The property is vacant at the moment but I have a really old fuse box which needs to be replaced with an rcd board, earth bonding to my gas and water pipes, and all the socket faces in the house replaced from metal to plastic ones there's about 12 of those.
Oh and about 6 light sockets replaced, plus my old flood light in my garden replaced with a new one.
He has quoted £400 for labour, parts he can get for next to nothing. I just wondered if this was a reasonable price?
Many thanks

That is too cheap to be doing it properly I think and would be quite concerned that you'll be getting a poor standard job for that price.

Basically, a family member of mine is a qualified electrician and has his part p also.

*In the voice of David Attenborough*

What we have witnessed here is the noise made when the buttocks of hundreds of electricians clench in unison. It is a rare occurrence, the only other time it has been documented was when it was reported that a large construction site had run out of tea bags.

*In the voice of David Attenborough*

What we have witnessed here is the noise made when the buttocks of hundreds of electricians clench in unison. It is a rare occurrence, the only other time it has been documented was when it was reported that a large construction site had run out of tea bags.

I like your imagination mate... Hope you don't spend too much time thinking of electricians butts. :)

Nothing wrong with female electricians. At least they wont spend all their time snooping through the underwear draws in people's houses.... :)

Nothing wrong with female electricians. At least they wont spend all their time snooping through the underwear draws in people's houses.... :)

Not complaining. Just don't agree that women seem able to get away with advertising their 'female only company'. It's a bit like car insurance when that Sheila's Wheels advert came on the tele. If Ray Winston did an advert "for car insurance for people that can actually drive properly, call Insure-A-Bloke" I think there'd be an uproar. Yet women seem able to get away with it.

Mythbusters did a section on who was the better drivers, men or women. Turned out it was pretty even.

Don't know Murdoch. How many females to we have on here, that actually post?

There is a colleague at work that is very PC. She doesn't like stereo typing, or any kind of discrimination, she really preaches it too as part of her job. But in her office she has a flyer that says, "Lady only taxi's" and another one saying "Lady only Mechanics"!!! Oh the irony!!lol

Although I do remember a Yorkie advert a few years ago. At the end of the add a deep male voice said, "It's not for girls"...or something to that effect.

Jay

There is a colleague at work that is very PC. She doesn't like stereo typing, or any kind of discrimination, she really preaches it too as part of her job. But in her office she has a flyer that says, "Lady only taxi's" and another one saying "Lady only Mechanics"!!! Oh the irony!!lol

Although I do remember a Yorkie advert a few years ago. At the end of the add a deep male voice said, "It's not for girls"...or something to that effect.

Jay

They don't see it when it's the other way round. I remember Harriet Harman on one of the Sunday politics shows a few months back, and she was bleating on about equality at the top of government. She was asked if the prime minister was a male, does there have to be a female second in command "absolutely" she replied. He then said, "if the prime minister is a woman, does there have to be a male second in command then?" Her reply was "not necessarily..." And that, as far as I'm concerned, renders her entire argument dead. Same as the "civil (black)" rights movement, it's not equality that they want, it's superiority, and constant recognition.

They don't see it when it's the other way round. I remember Harriet Harman on one of the Sunday politics shows a few months back, and she was bleating on about equality at the top of government. She was asked if the prime minister was a male, does there have to be a female second in command "absolutely" she replied. He then said, "if the prime minister is a woman, does there have to be a male second in command then?" Her reply was "not necessarily..." And that, as far as I'm concerned, renders her entire argument dead. Same as the "civil (black)" rights movement, it's not equality that they want, it's superiority, and constant recognition.

BS, utter BS - and you know it.

Guys we have a politics section if needed please don't turn this thread into one, cheers.

Reply to Price To Replace Board And Rewire in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net