pricing up a job | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss pricing up a job in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dim_bulb

hello

I'm pricing up a job so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

large commercial building, it has 18 x 8ft single fluorescent lights which what to be changed for 18 x 6ft twin fluorescents. as there phasing out 8 footers

im putting in a new c.u and the wiring is a total lash up as well. so it wont be a swap one and put a new one up job
and each switch does two flos at a time

what kind of rating would be adequate ie cable size and would and rcd as main switch trip due to earth leakage current for all 18 flos.

roughly £650 materials and labour £700?
I mainly do domestic but work is quite.

hello

I'm pricing up a job so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

large commercial building, it has 18 x 8ft single fluorescent lights which what to be changed for 18 x 6ft twin fluorescents. as there phasing out 8 footers

im putting in a new c.u and the wiring is a total lash up as well. so it wont be a swap one and put a new one up job
and each switch does two flos at a time

what kind of rating would be adequate ie cable size and would and rcd as main switch trip due to earth leakage current for all 18 flos.

roughly £650 materials and labour £700?
I mainly do domestic but work is quite.

My price would be £1650

you will have problems with RCD tripping on that number of fluorescents. couple of years ago in a school. 12 5' doubles tripped RCD. it would stand 10, but the last 2 took the leakage over the threshold.

no not really as cable is surface mounted in conduit. and the building is used by skilled people.

what is the current rating for a 6ft twin flo unit?

Reply to pricing up a job in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net