Problems what to do? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Problems what to do? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leokiss

Ive been asked by a friend to look at a job which involves a new DB i think!
Its a garage with a 3-phase supply the DB is full.
They want a feed for a new ramp.
Im thinking can i tap off the DB(supply)and have a MCB in an enclosure as a possible out.
But overloading is a worry with DB been full. Im thinking if i clip the ampmeter round supply with everything on,and if ok with main switch and fuse i can do the above.
But i ain't too sure any guidence is welcome,cheers.

It depends on the readings you get from the load test, but if all is ok I think I would do the following. Divert the existing supply cables into a new main switch or switch fuse. On the secondary side you can either take the cables into a small bus bar chamber (expensive) or into some double deckers. From here you can install a new board and re-feed the old one. This also gets you over the regulation concerning one means of isolation for the whole system. This is also dependant on having enough space. Does the above make sense??

Ye cheers apart from im not sure what double deckers are? And Busbar chamber does sound expensive any ideas on the price?

Double deckers are those big black tail connector blocks. You get them with one common terminal or two, the latter being double deckers. Also known Henley blocks

Another way is to fit another DB next to the original.

Remove 3 circuits from the original DB and use these fuses to supply the new DB.

The 3 circuits you removed from the original DB can be installed in the new DB.

Reply to Problems what to do? in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net