Putting prices on your website.... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Putting prices on your website.... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Electricalserv

I'm having a debate with myself about this...it can either be a good thing or a bad thing....Who does this? and do you think its worthwhile? I wouldn't dream of doing it for installation jobs like rewires etc as no 2 jobs are the same. But for the likes of a board change and PIR's I'm thinking of putting set prices up....

Also do people have call out fees and what are they? I 've settled for £30 call out including first hour labour then £20ph onwards.

What do you guys do?

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO if you let them know what you charge then they cant be shocked when they get the bill. You might loose some but at makes for less hastle in the long run

Customers know the likely cost and many will see this as a sign of good faith between themselves and the electrician. As a result you will get the type of customer you would wish to have. Lost the ones who only want you to quote to drive somebody else price down and the ones seduced by the "cheap as chips" cowboys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do put prices on your site make sure you have caveats stating they are guidelines for jobs else people will think they are fixed prices. As for the hourly rate - its up to you, only you know the rate for your area.

I also am considering doing this, your hourly rate is much the same as mine.

however as Murdoch says you need to stste that any other prices are guidance only as no 2 jobs are the same, perhaps put the prices as "starting at?"

Problem by you putting prices on your website is that should prices go up all of a sudden then you may be stuck with the price you have advertised as they could do you for misadvertising if you tried to charge them a higher price.

I wouldn't if I was you , if I know you are operating in the same area as me and a customer rings up saying " I'm just ringing around for a price for a fuse board change " , straight away I know how much you charge , so I can come in lower .

also your circumstances may change , week or two with no work may make you drop your rates to keep going, can't really do that if your prices are on your site.

Price the job face to face , show the customer you are professional and know your stuff , explain whats involved .... works for me

Cheers

Ste

Reply to Putting prices on your website.... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net