Quote for pulling in armoured cables on new build. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Quote for pulling in armoured cables on new build. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rich.

Is there a price per meter that I could charge that will mean the bigger the Csa the more money?

When you say pulling is it indeed pulling through a conduit or just laying it in a duct. Is the cable that big you will need specilised pulling gear or will 3 or 4 willing hands be enough.

Are you pulling it vertical or laying horizontal? Are you having to dress any of it and then secure with cleats or is it all through conduit or ducting?

Is it just pulling or is there terminating involved, is it a pure run or is there going to be splicing involved, and if there is are you going to do the joining.

Normally No I would not price as per CSA, but on what is involved.

It's a 4 storey building mains fed from the roof. Ladder rack from mains room down risers to db's. Basically I work direct for a firm but am looking at a bit of price work. Swa cables will need dressing using tie wraps but no termination. I am told there is a figure per meter I need to ask for which a total is worked out by adding the Csa?

mmmm there is bound to be a time per/mtr differing for sizes and number of cores as already said some of the bigger stuff will require specalist equipment and HEAFTY blokes

Vertical runs are the worse. Then add the cable size.
I had to run a 185mm 3½ down a 150’ vertical drop. A crane dropped the drum on to the roof, 4 big lads off the plant were going to control the drum. I had to get the crane back to winch the cable out of the basement.

We have pulled 300 mm 4 cores before now and always pull our own sub mains but this is an opportunity to better our wages just needed to know that time per hour equation for different Csa cables

Reply to Quote for pulling in armoured cables on new build. in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net