R1 and R2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss R1 and R2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

stv292

-
Reaction score
Hi, when testing R1 and R2 do you measure from the incoming live to earth or switch live to earth, thanks

link at the board its safer by disconnecting at the db you wont accidentally leave a link on out in the field and turn the supply back on boom

Also R1+R2 is supposed to bejust a measurement of the conductors of the circuit, not including any parallel paths, which there could very well be if a link was used to the earth bar.

I think i know what you are referring to!!

When testing R1+R2 at pendants, you test from the earth terminal to the switched live, with the switch turned to the on position. So that way you are also testing both sides of the switch drop.

yes that is what i ment thanks as i was getting 2 different readings at the pentant on a lighting circuit and wondered which one was correct.

Reply to R1 and R2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Also,if you had a duel box with a lighting cct on one side you would get a false reading.
Replies
Views
  • Question
No worries.
Replies
Views
  • Question
As previously posted, almost certainly due to differences in readings obtsined with high and low current measurements on the meter, low current...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Did you ever find the fault? We like updates 😀
Replies
Views
I have a set. I must admit that I seldom use them however. But the concept is good in my opinion.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks