rcd low insulation resistance | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss rcd low insulation resistance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

testing 17th board 2 rcds , testing whole installation , fly lead between 2 N bars ,power off testing between line- neutral only getting 2.4Mohms , test every circuit individually comes up over 299Mohms

remove fly lead from neutral bars. test from L busbar 1 to N 1 with breakers on, RCD off. repeat for L2 busbar and N2. as this is a L-N test, all loads will need removing proir to testing.

Hi Tel

I thought the white fly lead is connected in with the circuit's CPC.

Cheerss
T&E

remove fly lead from neutral bars. test from L busbar 1 to N 1 with breakers on, RCD off. repeat for L2 busbar and N2. as this is a L-N test, all loads will need removing proir to testing.

Reply to rcd low insulation resistance in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
I may have been mistaken regarding TT I will look into that, thank you for the valued reply, but in general I stick to my post, a good topic for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There can be a few reasons for low L+N -> E readings: Connected equipment is leaking. By design, or just old/damp SPD are connected (but there...
Replies
Views
it was not long ago that some member put on here about IR testing what you should be looking at if low insulation testing .
Replies
Views
I was at the other end of the results spectrum today. As I was driving home I had a call from my "Mrs Richards from Fawlty Towers" lady, very deaf...
Replies
Views
When working in the motor repairs industry you have to fill in test sheets and keep them for so long. Doing that will do is ok for most things but...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks