RCD test ... What does this mean? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss RCD test ... What does this mean? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I came across "RCD was working fine with x1 29 x 5 16 and functional test was tripped twice". What does that mean?

(I'm not an electrician.)

A little bit more information would have been nice, but I assume this was on an Electrical report, if it was, it looks like the tripping time in ms for a 1xI∆n test @ 29ms and a 5xI∆n test @ 16ms tested at 0 and 180 deg's.

Have a look here:

I think so. That and a bit of googling.

My inference is that tripping at 29ms for a type S would mean the RCD is faulty. Type S should last way longer shouldn't it? I think I saw type S are max one second, so anytrhing over 500ms is acceptable.

Reply to RCD test ... What does this mean? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
It can also mean lasts or continues for two years.
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
My Understanding is the 6 Months interval is IET Guidance and this wording is incorporated onto the label which is a requirement in 514.12.2 where...
Replies
Views
In my opinion replacing the consumer unit and waiting to see which RCBO trips is not a good fault finding technique. If the lighting circuit...
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
  • Question
Assumption is the mother of all major foul-ups! Start with the basics, like IR testing, RCD testing on its own, and checking the leakage as...
Replies
Views
Have you notified Building Control of these works?
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks