Recessed lighting | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Recessed lighting in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Sheath Cabling not enclosed in enclosure would be a Classification code C2.
These type of fittings were fitted maybe 25+ years ago, how did that happen[ElectriciansForums.net] Recessed lighting

The brown and blue showing there could be reinforced insulation…. Not sure if that’s the right term, but it’s a different type of plastic.. much harder, so can be used without additional mechanical protection.

There should be a lid and cable grip for the incoming feed though

The brown and blue showing there could be reinforced insulation…. Not sure if that’s the right term, but it’s a different type of plastic.. much harder, so can be used without additional mechanical protection.

There should be a lid and cable grip for the incoming feed though
Still don’t seem right but then back in the day😎

They were awful fittings, very little room between the missing cable restraint and terminal blocks.
As @littlespark says and the terminals are missing the plastic cover that was clip on, and struggled to stay in place.
I fitted hundreds of similar ones.
Best way was flex out of the fitting and a lovely Ashley J201 to connect them.

They were awful fittings, very little room between the missing cable restraint and terminal blocks.
As @littlespark says and the terminals are missing the plastic cover that was clip on, and struggled to stay in place.
I fitted hundreds of similar ones.
Best way was flex out of the fitting and a lovely Ashley J201 to connect them.
Amazing how much time decent accessories save, though.

When clients buy their own kit and want me to quote on fitting it there's times I feel like offering two prices based on what they turn up with, I recall being stung with nasty 12v lights that each required two JBs when decent ones had a prewired connector to a transformer with a decent loop in box.

The capacity of clients to source the most unbelievable ---- then expect you to be impressed when they tell you how little they paid for it... And act hurt and surprised when you decline their offer to tell you where they bought it...

Reply to Recessed lighting in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net