Recommended training centre for 17th ed 2382 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Recommended training centre for 17th ed 2382 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jjnr78

We're based in Watford and would like to enroll a couple of the guys for their 17th ed training, but wanted a recommendation please. I usually do all training through the NICEIC, but my experience of the Solar PV course was so bad, i'm going to look elsewhere...not to mention they seem to be £150 more expensive than everyone else. However, if there is a consensus that the NICEIC training school is the best, then so be it. Willing to travel upto about 1 hr from Watford. Thanks

There is PTT, Proactive Technical Training in Tring, easy travel, easy parking and despite not being as 'polished' looking as the big crews, their pass rate is one of, if not the best. I think they scored 80% on the last 2391 exam.

Run by down to earth guys who were in the trade.

They also do a frequent flyers scheme discount.

*edited out typo, phone keyboard!

Upvote 0
i find local collages are the best , who were all electricians in the trade with a nack for teaching it. my collage is good at what they do and cheaper

yeah, i used to think that until i was offered a job teaching stragith after passing my exams! unfotunately, the colleges in my area are really below par. our last couple of apprentices have been terrible with theory. thanks for yout thoguhts though

Upvote 0
Able Skills in Dartford... bit of a trek for your lot, but cheap overnight accommodation and they come highly recommended.

Upvote 0
There is PTT, Proactive Technical Training in Tring, easy travel, easy parking and despite not being as 'polished' looking as the big crews, their pass rate is one of, if not the best. I think they scored 80% on the last 2391 exam.

Run by down to earth guys who were in the trade.

They also do a frequent flyers scheme discount.

*edited out typo, phone keyboard!

I second that.

Upvote 0
PTT in Tring, no brainer really, small class sizes so everyone gets to know what they need, buffett lunch included everyday!!! and as has been said good pass rates and down to earth guys,

Upvote 0
Although it's further than you wanted to travel, I can thoroughly recommend these people:
electrical training | electrical courses | manchester | oldham

I've done all my recent training at their Oldham centre and can say that they are very good. The head honcho Paul really knows his stuff. Very down to earth. Lots of opportunity for questions and discussion.
Overall a very powerful learning experience.
All at my own expense. I would happily go back.

PS in my previous life as a Professional Automotive Engineer, I have been on many training courses paid for by employers, some extremely technical (eg kinematic analysis) some more general (eg Coaching for Performance with David Hemery). Believe me, I know good training when I get it.

Upvote 0
We're based in Watford and would like to enroll a couple of the guys for their 17th ed training, but wanted a recommendation please. I usually do all training through the NICEIC, but my experience of the Solar PV course was so bad, i'm going to look elsewhere...not to mention they seem to be £150 more expensive than everyone else. However, if there is a consensus that the NICEIC training school is the best, then so be it. Willing to travel upto about 1 hr from Watford. Thanks

It may be a bit over an hour to travel, but if you try our website and compare the prices I think you may be suprised, cheaper than most and an excellent pass rate
17th, Pat test, Part P and Solar training available

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
PTT are good and we have used them several times. Redford Charles in Strood near Rochester offer courses on a day release basis 1 day/week for 4 weeks which has the benefit of not impacting on the business too badly whilst giving the candidate more time to absorb the work(theory)

Upvote 0
You could always check out Trade SKills 4U, located in Gatwick, West Sussex. :seeya:

We're the UK's Number 1 City & Guilds Electrical Qualfication Provider, i admit its a mouthful but it's certainly worth saying.

We also have dedicated review pages on our site so you can see what our customers say/think about us.

#justsaying

Upvote 0

Reply to Recommended training centre for 17th ed 2382 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net