relocation of head and meter | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss relocation of head and meter in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I had a customer ask me about relocating and upgrade a CU

I advised him to contact his supplier for the meter and head move,
and after that is done I will be able to carryout the CU upgrade.

any other ideas?

Richard

Leave the head and meter where they are and fit a switch fuse at this location then run cables to the location of new DB.

Moving the incoming supply and meter may cost a lot which your customer is not willing to pay, also if they get their electricity from another supplier than the local DNO may have problems as the cabling belongs to DNO and meter to supplier.

Last edited:
Leave the head and meter where they are and fit a switch fuse at this location then run cables to the location of new DB.

Moving the incoming supply and meter may cost a lot which your customer is not willing to pay, also if they get their electricity from another supplier than the local DNO may have problems as the cabling belongs to DNO and meter to supplier.

The problem is that the existing head and metering is where they want there kitchen cupboard.

They are changing their garage into the kitchen, the CU is about 1450mm off the floor in the garage and that is where the worktop is in there new kitchen.

So just relocating the CU and leaving the Cut-out and Meters is not a problem

Richard

£400-£600 FOR A JOINTER !
If the cupboard will still fit in thats a bonus but if not thats gonna cost them ! if they still want it moved for that price they might as well get an outside box installed as easier for meter reader !
Regards
Kung.

Hi there,

Looked at a factory unit today pre WWI ,quite interesting in all its about 100,000 square foot sub divided into factory type units to small single offices.A right mix and a rabbit warren on corriders and cupboards all over the place.The facilities manager/estate manager wants a couple of electricity meters moving so he can read them without getting a ladder out !.They have removed mezzanine floors and have lost easy access.Can I do that ? me thinks not, I guess as we do not own them it is down to the supply company to relocate them,correct ?
There is loads of work from replacing bulbs to cleaning kitchen vents to putting in a couple of extra sockets.
Advice on day rate would be appreciated.

Hi Roger

Yep affraid your right thats down to the DNO as for a day rate sorry without seeing it i cant say but id prob quote for the job as aposed to day rate havin said that id be aiming at 150-200 a day could be wrong though mate.
Regards
Kung.

Reply to relocation of head and meter in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net