Rose circuit bedroom wiring mayhem, 3 blacks dosnt work!!! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Rose circuit bedroom wiring mayhem, 3 blacks dosnt work!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ale170

DIY
Reaction score
After purchace of three debanhams lights and sucessfull fitting of 2 the third has caused me some unrest due to an ensuite bathroom within the circuit.
1) Presented with three reds and three blacks i wired the three reds togther. Wire 2 blacks into a sucessfull bedroom switch leaving one exposed black, if i use the bathroom light the box blows and if i connect the 2 blacks short circuited fuse box again occurs
2) one pair is live. The other 2 pairs are not. I am aware of the alternate wiring utilizing 2 reds 1 black, but with one live pair i cannot identify the two other pairs
Please help because the light was 54 pounds and the callout charge is 50.
Thanks
Ale170
[ElectriciansForums.net] Rose circuit bedroom wiring mayhem, 3 blacks dosnt work!!!
p0

Just to add to the above, how may earth wires do you have? I can't see 3 in the pic.

But you have no continuity tester, so its hard to see what cable does what.
Dont worry they are short ,unsheifed and correctly wrapped in identification tape. Non of the old lights used them, all the new ones do.

Dont worry they are short ,unsheifed and correctly wrapped in identification tape. Non of the old lights used them, all the new ones do.

I note that in your original post you mentioned that this circuit also feeds the bathroom lighting,
as you have removed all the earth connections on this circuit, do you have any means of proving that there is an earth to the bathroom light?
or any of the other lights for that matter.

Reply to Rose circuit bedroom wiring mayhem, 3 blacks dosnt work!!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net