routing of cables in domestic? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss routing of cables in domestic? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
hello again,

what are your methods of chasing plaster board walls with skim.

example : say i want new socket on to ring circuit at height 450mm, how would you get the cable down past the noggin/support between studs.

do you chase out either side of noggin and cut into the noggin, so cable can sit in groove and cover with steel plate and patch back up.

is this the normal way you guys would do this??? and whats the cleanest tool???wall chaser with hoover?

Ive got the cheapo one but tape a very small led torch keyring to the end also have cut the end off one a them magnetic picker upper jobs ........works welhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TELESCOPIC-MAGNETIC-PICK-UP-TOOL-10LBS-CAR-VAN-ENGINE-/260755711804?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item3cb640673cl
price for 10 rods varies from around £12 for cheapos to £70 for the posh ones with led light and magnets and things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but something i did a while back was weld an auger bit onto a meter long threded bar. The idea being that I can life above the stud, and drill down through the noggin at 1200. Only used it a few times but so far 100% sucess rate! I got some coupling nuts and and can join more than one together to. the hard bit was welding the bit on tidy!

Reply to routing of cables in domestic? in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net