Running Power to a Shed | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Running Power to a Shed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rickw

Hi

I am looking for a bit of guidance on how much it would cost to run electric to a shed in a back garden.

We're looking at buying a flat (ground floor) which has a shed already but wanted to set up some lights and a few plug sockets which would be used to power some fridges (the plan is to use the shed as a home bar).

the Shed is around 5-6m from the rear of the flat, but the fuse box is by the front door.

I'm not contemplating doing the work myself (I've read some other threads that have clearly indicated that this is not legal or a good idea from a safety point of view).

Would we need to get planning permission / apply for permits (and any idea of how much these could cost?)

Are there any ways to help reduce costs that I could do as prep work - e.g digging the trench myself for the cable to run through etc.

I should mention that we're in London (not central) as I know that could mean it costs more than other parts of the country.

At this stage its not about getting a quote for the job to be done as I know that this can't be done without seeing it and specking things up properly.

So at this stage just looking for a rough idea of what it could cost between £X & £X depending on the circumstances / condition of the electrics at the flat. So I can work out if its going to be a viable project without getting electricians in to quote for the work when it turns out that it would cost loads more than I originally thought and wasting their time.

Any advice you can give would be great.

Thanks

Rick

Reply to Running Power to a Shed in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net