Sad day | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sad day in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Would the police bring in anyone to help with investigation . Profession/expert ????? Or is that end of investigation as police say not suspicious .

Sad to me.

I would think there would be an investigation into this, just imagine how the parents are feeling especially if this was a DIY job ?

Btw I am not presuming anything, we simply don't know what has happened yet

Very sad for all concerned, and my condolences go out to all concerned.

What an awful thing to happen, my heart goes out to the family, as regards blame I don't think it is the time or place to presume anything imo
grief comes 1st and then the time to determine the cause after that.

clip/conduit your cables in the lofts... seen too much mess around, start pulling a christmas tree from the loft, pull some lighting cable out from the fitting or loose chocblock, some rewireable fuses wont help you much either :-(

I just think awful as it's what we do for living and have such an interest....

i dont know if sky news will keep us updated but I'm sure someone here will know where to find out over the comming weeks.

Often because people scrimp on electrics.

You point out one of many reasons but aged and non maintained electrics is one of the main ones, the ladders are obviously leaning on a damaged cable of some sort possibly an old install as i assume RCD protection wasn't present and years of going in and out of the loft has probably taken its tole on the cable until this most tragic of accidents occurs :(

The nature of Electricity means your everyday joe blogs forgets its need for maintenance, if you have a gas leak your instant response is to get a pro' in to sort it out because everyone knows the risk but Electricity has a natural complacency when using it, if a fuse blows its common for the owner just to replace the wire or reset the device without questioning the reason yet like gas it should command the same concerns especially on older installs.

You point out one of many reasons but aged and non maintained electrics is one of the main ones, the ladders are obviously leaning on a damaged cable of some sort possibly an old install as i assume RCD protection wasn't present and years of going in and out of the loft has probably taken its tole on the cable until this most tragic of accidents occurs :(

The nature of Electricity means your everyday joe blogs forgets its need for maintenance, if you have a gas leak your instant response is to get a pro' in to sort it out because everyone knows the risk but Electricity has a natural complacency when using it, if a fuse blows its common for the owner just to replace the wire or reset the device without questioning the reason yet like gas it should command the same concerns especially on older installs.

That is it mate, the vast majority of the public grossly underestimate the threat of electric shock and because faults, especially in older installations, can lay undetected for years.

might be way off here, but i have seen a loft ladder having been rammed in and out of the attic many times, abrade a T/E cable exposing the cores.

Perished VIR cabling perhaps
Old T+E laying against polystyrene
Exposed chocblocks with or without tape (seen that a few times and on jobs done by time served sparks...customers not impressed when the reason why it shouldn't be done is explained...)
Thing is...could be a multitude of things....

Teenager Electrocuted In Christmas Accident

Be interesting to see who's to blame.

So sad and so young and shouldn't of happened.

Even more interesting that the first sentence of post#1 is who's to ****in' blame......Who can we hang draw and quarter to make ourselves feel better about the mistakes and errors we make in our own lives which could have similar consequences but thanks only to good fortune and fate we get away with?
I went straight over a zebra crossing at 30mph the other day stressed and not concentrating ,only to realise too late that someone had just started to cross.....the difference between getting away with it and disaster was a second or two.

Reply to Sad day in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net