Safe operating temperatures XLPE 90 degree vs table 4D4A for connected accessories | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Safe operating temperatures XLPE 90 degree vs table 4D4A for connected accessories in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: Safe operating temperatures XLPE 90 degree vs table 4D4A for connected accessorie

As i said, i'd of liked to see those calculations!!! Something is very wrong if the smaller CSA cable, can handle over 50% of the design current. What about any fault current analysis on this set -up ?? ...Frankly a simple departure notice is just not on, ...Two different sized cables run in parallel as one cable, does not conform to the universal criteria of a parallel run supply...

To be honest, i can't see why any decent consultancy firm would even get involved, in trying to substantiate such a supply method. As for the Niceic Inspector, .... Did he bother to go through and check those calculations, or did he take them at face value??

When push comes to shove you see what you see, read what you read, listen to others opinions, and then do what you consider to be the right thing.
This in mind I am running a parrallel sub myself over the weekend. Existing is 95mm and additional will also be 95mm, thats how I have always done it and always will. I am not saying that calcs ect may or may not prove otherwise from time to time, but you have to leave a job feeling good about the way you have done things.
No doubt I will see parrallel feeds of different sizes in the future, but they won't be my installs.
That way I don't need to address a departure or justify it.

Thanks for your input E54.

Reply to Safe operating temperatures XLPE 90 degree vs table 4D4A for connected accessories in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net