Scame Advance 2 RCD interlock socket | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Scame Advance 2 RCD interlock socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Scame Advance 2 RCD interlock socket, has anyone fitted these? There is no access to the RCD when energised. How can you conduct an RCD function test?
I’ve attached the data sheet with a product photo

[ElectriciansForums.net] Scame Advance 2 RCD interlock socket

I had a variation of this issue recently. I had test adapters for most of them but I didn't have a 4 pin 63A with 3 phases and earth, and no neutral. It was the same kind of switch.
If you don't have 16A single phase and TPN adaptors to trailing 13 amp sockets I'd make some for future use.

In the meantime, with the front completely off, I believe you can carefully turn the rotary switch centre and because the front housing isn't on, the interlock isn't an issue. Then test the RCD at the terminal screws, each phase to the the earth connection, )or to the incoming neutral if there is an upstream RCD.)

Last edited:
I had a variation of this issue recently. I had test adapters for most of them but I didn't have a 4 pin 63A with 3 phases and earth, and no neutral. It was the same kind of switch.
If you don't have 16A single phase and TPN adaptors to trailing amp sockets I'd make some for future use.

In the meantime, with the front completely off, I believe you can carefully turn the rotary switch centre and because the front housing isn't on, the interlock isn't an issue. Then test the RCD at the terminal screws, each phase to the the earth connection, )or to the incoming neutral if there is an upstream RCD.)
Hi Tim,

Thank you for replying. I’ll try that on the next one. They were carrying out 6 monthly RCD testing, and could not complete the function test on the test button. I may need to add this as a clause on the quotation, had not anticipated taking front covers off!

I've just done 7909 testing on a site which had a few of these things each feeding a 63amp distro.
I can confirm they are an absolute pain, if you open the flap you can't turn the rotary switch to energise the RCD so a quick test using the test button is completely impossible.
The only way to test the RCD without dismantling it is via a plug in adapter and with MFT, presuming there are no RCDs upstream that will take exception.

I've just done 7909 testing on a site which had a few of these things each feeding a 63amp distro.
I can confirm they are an absolute pain, if you open the flap you can't turn the rotary switch to energise the RCD so a quick test using the test button is completely impossible.
The only way to test the RCD without dismantling it is via a plug in adapter and with MFT, presuming there are no RCDs upstream that will take exception.
....but you shouldn't be testing these as part of BS7909 anyway as they are not temporary equipment subject to PAT.

Our Famatel interlocked 16A RCD Sockets come with a yellow plastic clip to be able to turn the rotary switch for the function test. Exactly the same process for the TPN RCD Sockets.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Scame Advance 2 RCD interlock socket
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 13
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 13
    20240805_152824.jpeg
    553.5 KB · Views: 11
....but you shouldn't be testing these as part of BS7909 anyway as they are not temporary equipment subject to PAT.
That was rather lazy wording on my part.
I wasn't testing those as part of the TEIC or completion certificate.
These sockets had had appeared since my last EICR 2 years ago, and no one could show me an EIC, so I insisted on checking them out first. They were in fact ok, only thing was one had phases in the wrong order, so it did save me a bit of head scratching the other end.
Our Famatel interlocked 16A RCD Sockets come with a yellow plastic clip to be able to turn the rotary switch for the function test. Exactly the same process for the TPN RCD Sockets.
Thank you, it does seems likely that these had a similar clip with them once upon a time.

Reply to Scame Advance 2 RCD interlock socket in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net