School labs | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss School labs in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pennywise

Is there a regualtion that states 5mA protected isolation transformers must be used in a lab enviroment to supply socket outlets or a specific set of regs regarding installations within labs. Thanks guys in advance.

Thanks roger I've seen the thread before, it didnt really answer the question regarding regulations on the use of isolation transformers more the manufacturer from what I remember, I will re read it anyway. Thanks

Just putting this up if anyone searches for the subject again. Nothing in the regs but there is Guidance in the electricity at work act 1989 under electrical safety in schools. Points 22-32 covers labs. Some of it may be a little outdated so by all means point out the amendments. Also when on to the guys at the NIC they recommended ringing the local authority to get a definitive answer on what they require in there schools within there area, this is concerning state schools private may well just relate to the below Pdf.

View attachment schools.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to School labs in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I can imagine it just disappearing (loudly) under short circuit conditions, then the resulting blast/plasma etc. casing the busbars to flash over...
Replies
Views
Stick the socket in a large plastic wall box with hinge and padlock. Give customer letter with key...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for the advice; I did figure it would be in the realms of discovering, say, a 10mm earth cable in a property, and having no more...
Replies
Views
Regulations notwithstanding, the only thing in those pics that is likely to be affected by sheep is the trailing flexibles on the ground from the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, cheers for the reply. I've signed up for the December exam so I've got a bit of prep time as works manic. Collecting anything I can in the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks