Screwdrivers..... | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Screwdrivers..... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wiha for me got the set with the torque settings £100 only disadvantage the screwdriver for pendants sold separate if you read Manufactures instructions ie wyler mk they tell you how you how tight the torque needs to be,
also comes wit a normal screwdriver handle with no torque

I have both Wiha - Browse for Products | CPC

&

Wera - Browse for Products | CPC

Both are great, not managed to break any yet. The Wiha's have been in daily use for the past 2 years.

Screwdriver bits, I won't buy anything but Wiha Hot - WIHA|20822|BITS, POZI, 25MM, PZ2, HOT, 2PK | CPC they last for ages even in the impact driver.
Got the 17 piece Wera set (phase tester was donated away :drunk:). Can't recall where I got mine, but its a good 2 years old now and still complete and in great nick. Can get it on Ebay for around £40 and well worth it if you can keep those with sticky fingers away. Its great for CU changes and 2nd fix work. Wera Kraftform Kompakt 18 Piece VDE Screwdriver Set NEW | eBay

Got another set of Wera last year similar to this but was cheaper Wera Kraftform VDE Screwdriver Set Slotted and Pozi 7PC | eBay)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacho is what id buy but the company i work for supply us with king dick screwdrivers, dont like the hard plastic feel they have.

I'm also an Irzaola fan; but I think they have been bought out by Bahco..?
Ive used CK, Stanley FatMax and various others.. Both the CK and Stanley drives twisted or snapped!

Yes I have Bost and they are very good, don't know where to buy them over here though as I bought mine in France (GF is very understanding when I want to spend an hour looking round the local tool shop "to see how things are done over here" :dizzy2: ) Unusual orange colour though, but probably puts people off nicking them.

I think Stanley FatMax are much the same though.

Got a couple of sets of these Bahco's, but with a couple more flats:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Screwdrivers.....

Only complaint, really needs and intermediate sized pozi drive. Good handles you can really get a grip on.

i use a stanley fat max screw driver for general use and a wiha torque screw driver for consumer units etc so i can torque the mcb's etc to manufacturers instructions

I have a CK set in my box as they have pz 0 1 and 2 and ph 0,1 and 2 and a good selection of flats, I also have the Wera set with one handle and interchangeable blades in a pouch,which lives on my belt with a multitool.

Wrong!, irazola have been bought by bahco, who are owned by snap on, who are American, irazola are no longer available, but you can now get drivers identical to izzys but with the bahco name on the handle.

Correct in part! SNA, Bahco's parent company, have indeed acquired Irazola but manufacturing continues in their Spanish plant.
The guess the most important lesson is how they perform - regardless of who owns them.

I am personally disappointed with Wera because my experience is that their pozi tips are too soft, so my next set will be Bahco.

Getting back to who owns who: Seat and Bentley are owned by the same company (VW). Bentley has blistering performance and is high quality but then you have Seat:(:(

I've got a seat and think its a great car! Don't forget vw also own porsche Lamborghini and skoda![/

Yep I know: Worked for Bentley (formally Rolls-Royce until BMW & VW split it up), for 37 yrs.

Oh and by the way, Skoda have one of the highest quality ratings in the group.

I've got a seat and think its a great car! Don't forget vw also own porsche Lamborghini and skoda![/

Yep I know: Worked for Bentley (formally Rolls-Royce until BMW & VW split it up), for 37 yrs.

Oh and by the way, Skoda have one of the highest quality ratings in the group.

Properly maintained Skoda diesels will do quarter of a million miles on the motor.the running gear is good too.

Seat's are also good but I can't confirm personally any high milers.

I don't want to start any arguments here but you only have to look at the taxi fleets to answer your question about durability Ruston.

Seen huge numbers of Skodas but can't say I've seen many Seats??????????

I don't want to start any arguments here but you only have to look at the taxi fleets to answer your question about durability Ruston.

Seen huge numbers of Skodas but can't say I've seen many Seats??????????

Actually I was agreeing with you , it was a taxi that is the high miler , most of them have well in excess of the mileage in my previous post. One has 400 thousand miles on and is still going strong.

That will likely be on the old 1.9tdi engine - a legendary power plant superceeded by the 2.0tdi engine to improve refinement.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I am responsible for going way off topic - sorry moderator!

That will likely be on the old 1.9tdi engine - a legendary power plant superceeded by the 2.0tdi engine to improve refinement.

- - - Updated - - -

Think I am responsible for going way off topic - sorry moderator!

Na just drawing comparisons of quality lol.:smiley2::smiley2:

Reply to Screwdrivers..... in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net