Sds battery drill | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sds battery drill in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

NEZ

i'm looking to buy a 24v sds battery gun, who's using what?.what would you recommend? (general domestic work).:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sod 24V, 36V Bosch Lithium. fly's through breezeblocks like a hot knife through butter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can whole heartedly say it's one of the best tools I've ever bought.

I did manage to crack the case before christmas when my assistant didn't bother even trying to catch it when I passed it down from the ladder. And somehow managed to cause it to trip out somehow just after it was repaired while using an auger bit on it, but that was fixed FOC and never found out what went wrong with it.

3Year warranty on all the bosch pro gear, and plenty of places do repairs too, gotta love it!

One of our alarm guys brought a cheap BnQ battery drill, he only paid £99 for it on offer. It seemed to have a fair amount of poke I drilled a few of fairly large walls (with a 22mm x 1 meter bit) and it coped really well. Saved me getting out my Dewalt... the transformer..... plugging it in... etc

make sure you've got tidy batterys on the bosch though. We've got 36V 2.6ah (or what ever it is) and I seem to be forever charging them! Also don't seem to hold charge well over night. Relitivly new kit aswel. The drill it's self is great though. Also have a hitachi, which I find quite violent when compared with the bosch. All good drills mind and have drilled many a 25mm hole with both. Rich

make sure you've got tidy batterys on the bosch though. We've got 36V 2.6ah (or what ever it is) and I seem to be forever charging them! Also don't seem to hold charge well over night. Relitivly new kit aswel. The drill it's self is great though. Also have a hitachi, which I find quite violent when compared with the bosch. All good drills mind and have drilled many a 25mm hole with both. Rich

Are you fully discharging them? If not then you need to, and let them fully recharge then cool off before use. The batteries should get better with use if you charge them properly. and dont leave them in extreme cold as this will also kill them, especially at the temperatures we had up to and around xmas. They will be OK to about minus 5 but any colder you need to take them into the warm.

Cheers.........Howard

If you go down the Hitachi route, avoid the likes of screwfix B and Q etc. I'm sure they aint the same quality gear you would get when paying the full price from a dealer.

Most of the Corded and Battery drills and other kit i've seen on the projects i've been involved in have mainly all been Milwaukee and Hilti, with a spattering of Makita kit. Obviously the main contractor had it's own on-site service/repair shop where all these bits of kit were serviced regularly and repaired... Never once saw any Bosch kit!!!

The lithium batteries are less prone to the memory effect, and have a better temperature range that they will work within. NiCads are fairly rubbish, and NiMh aren't much better.

The lithium batteries are less prone to the memory effect, and have a better temperature range that they will work within. NiCads are fairly rubbish, and NiMh aren't much better.
now i have a hitachi 24v. ni-cad. bought 2nd hand 13 years ago. have had to replace 1 cell due to the link between 2 cells having burnt. drill is still betteer than any bosch i,ve seen.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Sds battery drill

This is what i use and its fantastic!!

Hilti T2 24V

i splashed out after a pile of overtime brand new £300 2 batteries and a selection of bits. That was over a year ago and still havent had to get new bits.

Nez doesn't really say what he expects to use this SDS for. I've got one of these:
Makita UK
I use it for driling general holes for fixings, up to 25mm holes through walls and have even used it to do a 40mm core through a cav wall brick both skins (i wouldn't like to do that constantly though). it's easy enough to handle to take up a ladder too.
i use a mains SDS for core holes. i find the 202 nicely fills the capability gap between the 451 combi and the mains SDS without being either too expensive or too big. And it uses the same batteries as the rest of the makita kit i have.

Reply to Sds battery drill in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net