Shepherds Hut, which regs? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Shepherds Hut, which regs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We have been asked to install electrics in a Shepherds Hut. Just looking for consensus of opinion as to which part of the regs applies. I am leaning towards a "Park Home" which is not a Special Installation I believe. There are parts of section 7 which could also be applied, caravan, mobile home etc.
I welcome your comments please.

The commercially produced Shepherds' huts I've looked at (thinking of possibly getting one) have been conventionally wired with non flexible cables, so that suggests they are not under the same regs as touring caravans.

Flexible cables if the unit can be towed “at speed” ie a touring caravan.
Park homes, static caravans etc are normal non flexible cables as the wheels are only for positioning.

Does the shepherd hut have wheels or is it a build in situ thing?

Flexible cables if the unit can be towed “at speed” ie a touring caravan.
Park homes, static caravans etc are normal non flexible cables as the wheels are only for positioning.

Does the shepherd hut have wheels or is it a build in situ thing?
They have wheels. The wheels are only for positioning to a fixed site (solid steel, no tyres). I understand it is a planning regs "get-out", that's the only reason they have wheels at all. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

The commercially produced Shepherds' huts I've looked at (thinking of possibly getting one) have been conventionally wired with non flexible cables, so that suggests they are not under the same regs as touring caravans.
Thank you for your reply Brian, I think I will go with conventional regs (not part 7);.

Reply to Shepherds Hut, which regs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net