Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I’m currently working on an HMO where the supply cables run from the Ryefield board in the electrical riser to each apartment's utility cupboard.

At present, the armoured cable from the Ryefield board terminates in a Redhead fuse link, and from there, it connects to the consumer unit switch. From what I understand, in the current setup, the Neutral cannot be isolated, as the Redhead fuse link only isolates the Live conductor.

My question is: is this arrangement compliant, or does the Redhead fuse link need to be replaced with a double-pole isolator to ensure both the Live and Neutral conductors can be isolated? I can provide photos of the current installation if needed.

Photo of the setup attached.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator?
    Consumer Unit2.png
    450.3 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Should I replace a Redhead Fuse Link with Double Pole Isolator? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net