Currently reading:
Should I tighten a screw on tub spout more than I can by hand? Discussion Thread

Discuss Should I tighten a screw on tub spout more than I can by hand? Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is an RSS feed of thread: Should I tighten a screw on tub spout more than I can by hand?

Content of the thread: I remodeled the master bath. I'm trying to put the tub spout on but having a hard time getting it flush to the wall. It's a screw on type and I have 1/2 galvanized pipe protruding from the tile. Instructions say end of pipe should be out from the tile wall 5 3/16 - 5 5/16. At first I had it at 5 1/4. I can only get the spout to turn about 2 full turns before it gets tighter than I can do by hand. I don't want to mar up the finish and use a pipe wrench. At first I had a good 1/4 inch gap between wall and wall end of spout. I was able to get the pipe to thread into the fitting behind the wall about another 3/16. Now I can only get the spout to 9 o'clock by hand and I've still got about 1/8 inch gap.

Suggestions?

Should I tighten a screw on tub spout more than I can by hand? to read more on the original thread at Plumbing Advice

See also UK Plumbing Advice for all UK plumbing advice needs.

Reply to Should I tighten a screw on tub spout more than I can by hand? Discussion Thread in the Plumbers Forums area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock