Shower tripping rcbo? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Shower tripping rcbo? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Your a bit paranoid hawk, are you on the wacky backy?

It was at wazza (and sorry wazza I don't want to offend anyone, it just seems such a diyers question)

I agree with the others as in saying you need to do the tests. But has everyone else not noticed that he says that it only happens when the shower is turned on. My guess is the cable is fine and it is a fault with the shower. This borrowed neutral talk was rubbish as it would trip regardless if the shower was on or off. It does not matter if it is only a new shower they too can be faulty. Don't forget to do a ramp test on the rcbo
sorry, hawk, have to disagree with you on one thing. some time ago, i was called to a similar situation where the RCD tripped only when the shower was switched on. turned out the neutral was in the wrong neutral bar in the CU. it was when split bords had not long been in use and the spark who fitted it has run out of terminals in the correct ( RCD side) neutrasl bar. all was fine until clioent tried to use shower.

sorry, hawk, have to disagree with you on one thing. some time ago, i was called to a similar situation where the RCD tripped only when the shower was switched on. turned out the neutral was in the wrong neutral bar in the CU. it was when split bords had not long been in use and the spark who fitted it has run out of terminals in the correct ( RCD side) neutrasl bar. all was fine until clioent tried to use shower.

Agreed it could be a neutral in the wrong bar. But my point was that it was not a borrowed neutral. The other replys were point the op in the wrong direction

Reply to Shower tripping rcbo? in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net