Sidecutters | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sidecutters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jamesBoater

Which sidecutters do you use, i ask as i bought a pair of Bahco high leaverage cutters a few months back which now seize up constantly pretty poor for the money they cost (£30), just wondering if anyone has a favourite brand they have found good a reliable?

thanks james

I've tried ck, wiha, and some cheap side side cutters. I still feel the ck should last longer. Mine get slightly blunt after about a year of use although they still cut better then brand new cheap ones.

How long should expensive side cutters last?
Should they be replaced every year?

Sorry I know, old thread

I love the Wiha screwdrivers, I use the 4mm terminal driver but end up paying around £8 off eBay. E cause I can't find anywhere that stocks them on the shelf. Bought some bahco vide driver last year nod they've been pretty decent and a good price as well.

Just buy a set. £22 on tradesmans choice. I got a set of 6 and snips for 20 in a set from there last year (not special offer)

I have a pair that I bought from CEF, don't know the make but have had them for over 30 years, having said that although well worn, have not used them every day, tools are supplied buy various company's Ive worked for.

I have got a pair of these I find there too big. I've got a pair if angled draper side cutters. I can't find. An curate picture online but they have got 2 small cut outs on the blade to strip wire.

Pride in ones kit is normally a reflection of pride in ones work. A simple rub with an oily rag,after forcing and hammering away for hours,that's what my missus appreciates...olive oil of course...

Reply to Sidecutters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net