So you're faced with a re-wire and the ground floor is a concrete one... | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss So you're faced with a re-wire and the ground floor is a concrete one... in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scottish special housing association houses mid 60s>70s were poured on site concrete (Nofine) a barsteward to get a fixing the electrical system came prebuilt similar to kpoex and like a big spider sprawled on the floor before the screed went down Pain in the but when there was a fault
I much prefer the commercial somution Raised Floor Systems | Access Floors | Computer Floors | Suspended Floors | Comms Room Floors | Air Grills lol

Thtas the best way in my opinion . If the customer can comprimise and have ceilings and floors raised. If the rooms have enough height that is!

Scottish special housing association houses mid 60s>70s were poured on site concrete (Nofine) a barsteward to get a fixing the electrical system came prebuilt similar to kpoex and like a big spider sprawled on the floor before the screed went down Pain in the but when there was a fault
I much prefer the commercial somution Raised Floor Systems | Access Floors | Computer Floors | Suspended Floors | Comms Room Floors | Air Grills lol

All the old housing association places round here are nofine, bloody awful stuff! I just don't chase the stuff out now if I know it's there, there's a school of thought that reckons chasing it out will severely weaken the structure oif the building. Actually I reckon you were the first person who told me what it was, Mogga. I was like 'Jesus, there's a house made of loose shingle!'. Such weird stuff.

All the old housing association places round here are nofine, bloody awful stuff! I just don't chase the stuff out now if I know it's there, there's a school of thought that reckons chasing it out will severely weaken the structure oif the building. Actually I reckon you were the first person who told me what it was, Mogga. I was like 'Jesus, there's a house made of loose shingle!'. Such weird stuff.

Rewired quite a few of those bad boys. I find fixing backboxes is best accomplished with a bonding/cement mix. Mix it up and you've got about 20 seconds before it's gone off, box is fixed and not a rawl plug in sight.

thats the stcker its poured then boarded out dot n dad style absolute crud to fix to and forget drilling n plugging The Bonding/Cement mix sounds better than the Expanding foam Iv seen used

Reply to So you're faced with a re-wire and the ground floor is a concrete one... in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net