Some pics from a FULL rewire. | Page 9 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

zedess

-
Reaction score
Agreed a job to change half a dozen internal light fitting and one external light fitting,turned up this morning, was told the house had been fully rewired 6 months ago by one of them part p electricians..so i had a poke around as u do.... [ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.

apologies for hi-jacking the thread but why is it that the far simpler gas safe register works so much better and at a fraction of the annual fee? and just to digrees, i found this "Plumbers Guide To The Building Regulations" under some floorboards last week.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Some pics from a FULL rewire.

A few TV programs describing the contractor comes to mind Bonanza, Rawhide, Lone ranger to name a few, they want reporting to trading Standards, NICEIC and as already said Dominic Littlewood on Cowboy Builders.

I am confident that, having seen these photos, the NICEIC will fully investigate this matter and ultimately remove this so-called electrician from their membership. There is no way that any professional organisation would allow work of this dangerous standard to be associated with their name.

I am confident that, having seen these photos, the NICEIC will fully investigate this matter and ultimately remove this so-called electrician from their membership. There is no way that any professional organisation would allow work of this dangerous standard to be associated with their name.

Do I detect a slight air of sarcasm here ..... or are you really that optimistic?? ;)

Your saying that a register of electricians with a boat load of qualifications hanging out their back pocket would stop this happening, it won't.

He probably has all them. Too many people on here when they see this type of work are quick to jump in and say its the polish lot or the Electrical Trainee brigade when the fact is I see this type of work from time served highly qualified electricians who for whatever reason don't give a ---- anymore.

Don't blame a building regulation and the introduction of schemes for this, nor should you seek it's abolishment to make things right.

This has been going on for years and its only now via the Internet and camera phone technology that people are able to share it with the big bad world.

I didn't say it wasn't bad and I didn't say that the NICEIC are interested. I was making the point that your idea that a register where only the ones with the most quals gets in wont solve it.
strange....i cant recall saying anything about who had the most quals...
now, minimum entry requirements....thats another matter..
but i suppose you just think that sitting an online guess (open book) 2382....and a £460 wad cuts it......
well, it dont to me....i can tell you that now....its an outrage....

Your saying that a register of electricians with a boat load of qualifications hanging out their back pocket would stop this happening, it won't.

He probably has all them. Too many people on here when they see this type of work are quick to jump in and say its the polish lot or the Electrical Trainee brigade when the fact is I see this type of work from time served highly qualified electricians who for whatever reason don't give a ---- anymore.

Don't blame a building regulation and the introduction of schemes for this, nor should you seek it's abolishment to make things right.

This has been going on for years and its only now via the Internet and camera phone technology that people are able to share it with the big bad world.

I didn't say it wasn't bad and I didn't say that the NICEIC are interested. I was making the point that your idea that a register where only the ones with the most quals gets in wont solve it.

It WILL if it has the teeth to deal with such offenders. Just like they do in other countries, that have a National Registration system. You start with a foundation for entry purposes, electrical qualifications fulfill that basic foundation, without them you're lost and on a hiding to nothing before you even start!!

Yes you're right, there have always been qualified rogue electricians, ...in a way they are worse than the electrical trainee's, because they will KNOW they are doing crap work!! These characters will also be hit hard by any deregistering from a National Register, because the rule will be, that you will not be allowed to perform any paid electrical work, nor operate as a self employed sole trader, or be employed as an electrician without that registration being in place!!

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the NICEIC mans office when he reads this thread.

He probably thinks we are a few old wingers - but the truth is that most of these desk "jockeys" haven't been to the coal face in such a long time they have no reality to whats going on.

So schemes, rather than spending you time going on about fusing fans down to 3A, spend MORE of your time visiting sites and following up on the reports you get.

Bottom line, scams, or no scams, there is nothing to stop shoddy work.

If the scams were seen to inspect, intervene and uphold best practice etc, etc, then the slide downhill may stop.
i will agree with that Murdoch.....so, why have the scams?....
if emptyheads are going to just sling it in anyway..rough as you like with a host of non-conformances to go with it.....
and the scams arn`t interested....then why have the scams?....not needed as i see it...
now, a national register of electricians....
and i`m not on about that electricsafe thing either.....another kneejerk reaction..

It WILL if it has the teeth to deal with such offenders. Just like they do in other countries, that have a National Registration system. You start with a foundation for entry purposes, electrical qualifications fulfill that basic foundation, without them you're lost and on a hiding to nothing before you even start!!

Yes you're right, there have always been qualified rogue electricians, ...in a way they are worse than the electrical trainee's, because they will KNOW they are doing crap work!! These characters will also be hit hard by any deregistering from a National Register, because the rule will be, that you will not be allowed to perform any paid electrical work, nor operate as a self employed sole trader, or be employed as an electrician without that registration being in place!!
eng its clear.....
he admires it all underneath....

Too many people on here when they see this type of work are quick to jump in and say its the polish lot or the Electrical Trainee brigade when the fact is I see this type of work from time served highly qualified electricians who for whatever reason don't give a ---- anymore.

I think you have a very valid point. Anything, not just electrics, installed to those appalling kind of standards have very little to do with how long the guy trained or what technical qualification he has. Work such as that only says to me that the person who installed it has a fundamental character problem. He has no pride in his work and no pride in himself as a person. As you so rightly said above he simply just 'doesn't give a ----' about the work or the fact the he left an unsuspecting paying customer who trusted him with a dangerous house or even that his action are a reflection on him as a person. No amount of training is going to change that. No amount of policing the industry is going to change him. You can't blame the industry, you can't blame the schemes and you can't blame the government for what that guy is, bottom line is he's a rubbish who's better off on the dole where others don't have to suffer because of his lack of character.

Reply to Some pics from a FULL rewire. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net