Spam accounts! | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Spam accounts! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
V.Nearly Esteemed
Solutions
Reaction score
We seem to have had an influx of weird spam accounts that are somehow passing the human captchas whilst also being a bot lol not sure how that can happen.

So I've disabled posting unless people confirm our privacy policy and terms and conditions, both should stop any posting from fake accounts.

Meanwhile those that have not agreed to them sit in a user group I can monitor.

This issue has meant our bounced emails have gone over the allowed threshold (which these days is a super low percentage trigger) so emails from the forum are disabled while I speak to amazon support 🙄 and update them with what I'm doing to stop bouncing emails.

I'll update this thread as soon as I get a response which should be within a few hours. crosses fingers

Okay emails should be working again now. And I apologise for the fact they ALL come at once.

And I'm pealing off batches of spam accounts and erasing them.

Hello there
I would love to join this forum as I am an Electrician Trainee and this place seem full of amazing people in the same trade!
Problem is that I don't receive the confirmation email to complete my account, no matter how many times I try to resend it!
Is there anything I can do from my side to make it work?
Please let me know,
Peppe :)

Reply to Spam accounts! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net