spark V'S plumbers......... | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss spark V'S plumbers......... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fancypantsyeah

we all know the complexities of becoming a good spark today and the endless courses and qualifications that we need to be able to keep working,,, there is always another course to do or updates ,, yarda, yarda , yarda..
I dont know the plumbing that well but i have mates who are plumbers and apart from GAS SAFE what else do they have to get , or have....LOL........
MY POINT BEING AND I MIGHT BE CONSIDERED BIAS AS I'M A SPARK, BUT WHO HAS THE MORE COMPLEXED TRADE?????? SPARKS OR PLUMBERS ??????
NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME HOW EASY THEY SEEM TO HAVE IT THIS NEW PVC PIPE THEY USE JUST CLICKS TOGETHER EASY AS PIE...IT TAKES ME 5 DAYS TO REWIRE A HOUSE PLUMBERS CAN PUT A SYSTEM IN IN 2 DAYS..... JUST SEEMS THEY HAVE IT EASY AND IF YOU WHERE TO ASK ANYONE ON THE STREET THEY WOULD SURGEST THAT PLUMBERS JOB IS MORE COMPLEX THAN A SPARKS........I THINK THAT IS TOSH...............:wink_smile:
COME ON , LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS ON THIS ONE ...:wink_smile: I KNOW THIS SHOULD PROVOKE A GOOD RESPONCE.......ALWYS DOES.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, we had our niceic anual assessment the other day and discussing just this with the area engineer when we bumped into a plumber in a plant room and started chatting with him and he had not seen his inspector with Gas Safe for 8 years, apparently thats normal for them to just leave you to it.....

Till something goes wrong i guess

Lol, we had our niceic anual assessment the other day and discussing just this with the area engineer when we bumped into a plumber in a plant room and started chatting with him and he had not seen his inspector with Gas Safe for 8 years, apparently thats normal for them to just leave you to it.....

On the other hand, if you're competent in your work you don't need someone looking over your shoulder every five minutes !! :wink_smile:

I enjoy plumbing, but I only work with copper.

OK I’m a dinosaur, I’ve never installed plastic conduit or pipe.

At last .... a kindred spirit !!!

I hate the plastic stuff too, but have to say I have used it as a "Get-out-of-Jail" card a couple of times.

I lost all respect for a mate of mine who I thought to be a good plumber until the day I saw a boiler he had fitted & used plastic for most of the installation. It looke awful.

#

This seems to be very true. Brother is a plumber and its been 6 years for him since he last had an inspection.

Think they work on the fact that if they've not had any complaints then they don't bother doing the assessments

#

This seems to be very true. Brother is a plumber and its been 6 years for him since he last had an inspection.

Think they work on the fact that if they've not had any complaints then they don't bother doing the assessments

Yes but that surely can start the ball rolling with lowering of their standards as well, prob just little things but could start to snowball and no one in the know checking their work,

Have been doing both for about 6 month now and I actually have to say that plumbing just as hard as electrics. Both equally have there difficultys?

The conversation about plastic vs copper we work as anything on show is done in copper anything not in plastic.

Always makes me wonder why some plum-bums decide to use copper pipe when on show but still use those big chunky white plastic speed fit elbows and tees.

Its as though they think copper looks more professional but then ruin it by using push fits.

A lot of the plumbers I know say they wish they had been sparkes. IMO in the domestic setting both are technically **** easy. I sub for a kitchen bathroom company quite a bit. The plumbers are expected to do tiling/plastering/carpentry/painting the lot 9 hours a day for £170. I only do wiring, sometimes start late, leave early and get £225. Personally I think I have it easy.

At least with plumbing you don't have to prove you know whaere to drill or notch the joists. You just bang em through where ever you want to.

See these pics, spent a while deciding on best cable runs then plum-bum comes along and spends 2 hours putting inch holes into 3 inch timbers, BARMY

[ElectriciansForums.net] spark V'S plumbers.........

Worked with a plumber the other day on a new house. After a few days (and he had nearly finished) he said how hard work it was and so much work to do!!!

I informed him that all he had to do was put 1 rad in each room, in plastic pipe that my 5 year old neice could put together in her sleep!

I had 12 down lights, 6 sockets, 1 TV point, 1 telephone point and 4 wall lights, and that was just the lounge.

Bloody plumbers, bunch of t****'s the lot of them.

Reply to spark V'S plumbers......... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net