Spur line arrangements. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Spur line arrangements. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hI Gent's.
I I can explain this spur line briefly, maybe someone can help me?

Everything is Spur, no rings.
Inside of the house and main fuse box 3-banks or MCB' left 1-RCD on right side each bank

On the upper bank there was is one space available on the top row, MCB's -1-RCD - MCB - RCD adding 45A 30ma R/Side.
A cable of +/- 40m 4mm2 4-core was installed from house to pool house and sufficient supply, even less with LED lights replacing Halogen several years ago.
Cable is L-Blk-Blu-N-GY PE Br spare unused or "strapper" iirc from years back.

Installed an enclosure under cover&high for power supply and 12v transformer lighting 2x11w.

Intended to use a second RCD 25A 30MA in the enclosure approx half way 20m+/-. Theory for it to trip locally in light transformer enclosure for lightin.
I'd like to utilise the Br-4mm cable and utilise it as it's available and reduce the Amps, even though it is fine without.

Just unable to work out how to do this and have two RCD's and utilise the Br-cable.
There is a spare MCB in the pool house for balance of AC current.

I'm sure I am over thinking this and missing a trick.:rolleyes:

Reply to Spur line arrangements. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net