Strange wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Strange wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I went to a job yesterday, the house was quite old and found some interesting wire I'd never seen before. It's part copper inside, very alloy like on the outside and it's stranded.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Strange wiring
Does anyone know what this is?

Sounds like lead sheathed cable. If it is its best not to connect to it & better to remove it and rewire the circuit. If the client doesnt like the sound of that I would walk away from the job.

I can't see it can be anything else than tinned copper conductors!! Cut it with a pair of snips and it can look like more tinning than copper. I take it this is imperial sized cable, and as such has a higher CCC than the what really is ''Crap'' solid core metric equivalent!! lol!!

Reply to Strange wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net