Sub Main Isolator. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sub Main Isolator. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wcampbell

Hi all.

I need to provide Sub Main Isolation at main DB for secondary DB in extension.

I want to fit 80A Fused Main Switch at main DB then take tails from main Cu at load side of meter and fit to Fused Main Switch in then fit new tails from main switch out back into meter.

Finally fit sub main cable into main fused switch on the in side.

The problem is the 10mm2 sub main plus 25mm tails = to large for switch terminals.

100A switch will have same size terminals.

How can I solve this problem presuming it's a good idea in the first place.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to Sub Main Isolator. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Not sure if I’ve understood this properly, but it appears to have parallels with my own installation. I highly dislike the idea of feeding SP...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
even allowing for diversity this sounds a bit tight for a 100 amp supply, can you tell us what the existing circuits actually have connected to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If it's buried ducting, have you thought about digging up a section of the buried cable close by, cutting it and pulling in a few extra meters...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
The revised arrangement - please check that I have fully understood the points made in the above threads. Obviously a qualified electrician will...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks