Sunbeds | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Sunbeds in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

liam b

Hi,

ive just had a call to wire in a sunbed in a shop, im a domestic spark and ive never wired one before so..

after picking the correct cable size, mcb/rcbo, conduit, what do they require?

do they run from a spur?

any info would be great

thanks

Hi,

ive just had a call to wire in a sunbed in a shop, im a domestic spark and ive never wired one before so..

after picking the correct cable size, mcb/rcbo, conduit, what do they require?

do they run from a spur?

any info would be great

thanks

Depends upon the size of it and more details needed before giving you any further information.

Last edited:
well the only bit that i dont know is how to connect it to the supply, obviously is its more than 13A then a spur cannot be used

even if it was under 13A is a spur whats usually used for sunbeds?

cheers

got more info...

41.7A single phase

so plan is, split tails to 3036 board and fit new board 30ma, 6mm in trunking to isolator and 6mm to sunbed

is that ok?

also what are the A1 and A2 connections?

thanks

41A sunbed that should cook a steak quicker than my new George forman thingy Imagine the state some poor wee lassies gonny get into in that high power ffs

i only had a quick look at the sunbed but couldnt find where to terminate the supply from the isolator, there was a a row of connector blocks would it go into there?

or do they normally have L N E terminations?

thanks

thought as much, just didnt have steps handy and the connections were high.

i think the connector was there for all the lives to split off and go to the seperate starters.

hopefully it'll be self explanatory when i have a look as the bloke didnt have the manual

cheers

Will be watching this as I too have one to wire, however I also have a supply issue. Incommer is in another shop where it splits after the main meter into a sub-meter supplying her CU. Big prob is both properties are covered by a 60A fuse......and there are henly blocks everywhere :eek:

Back on topic, where did the installation instructions go??

"you got the manual for the sunbed?"

"naa mate, bought it cheap off a lass down the road who moved shop"

were in a recession you know...

hope he is a good payer!

cheers

I have just PAT tested a sunbed shop (inc sunbeds) and each bed was on its own 40A supply. You NEED to know the specs before you can do/price the job.

I'm ashamed to say I have used sunbeds in the past and its not hard to see why the power consumption is so high.You will normally see them advertising 200w tubes and if youve ever been in one you will know how many tubes are in them.

Also every one I've ever used has had a coin box on the wall so a £1 equals 3 minutes for example. I would imagine this may be something to do with the A1 A2 connections mentioned earlier.

I wired a sunbed shop about 9 years ago all the beds required 3 phase supplies can't remember what the load was though

I used 32A industrial plugs and sockets this allowed the beds to be disconnected and moved to give access to clean the rooms and do maintenance on the beds

also what are the A1 and A2 connections?

I think these will be contactor coil connections for connecting to an external timer / token meter to control the tanning time

The 3 phase beds I connected had a contactor built in for external control

I fitted one before and was am under the impression that 100ma time delay rcd is fitted normally not 30ma correct me if im wrong on this

Eeerr 41 amps on a 6mm in a trunking dont think so youll need a 10mm for that ,they run at around 9.8kw depending on the type size etc but you have said 41 amps so 45 amp RCBO or RCD with 45 amp mcb 45 amp pull switch / Switch ,10 mm from isolator switch to sunbed

Reply to Sunbeds in the Electrician Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net