Switching between garden feeds | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Switching between garden feeds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dave64

DIY
Reaction score
Hi experts, I hope you can help me, I have a single FCU in my conservatory, which feeds a connection box on the outside wall.
I now want to install in my garden, a single bulb lamp post thing (given by a dear friend as a gift), and also a waterfall pump.
So my question is, can I switch between the light and pump in some way from the same FCU?

I'm happy that the light and pump wont ever need to be on at the same time (although, if that is possible?). I just don't really want to add boxes in the conservatory as it's just been plastered.

Thanks in advance.

It's unlikely tht a small domestic garden pump and a single lamp will come anywhere near close to overloading even the smallest (3A) fused spur that you're likely to have. Tiny wifi switch modules are available that could be used to switch both, using an app on your phone.

Reply to Switching between garden feeds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

No, but a continuation.. now I'm safe with the FCU, I want to switch between the pond and a lamp
Replies
Views
  • Question
Indeed, the same electrician also made me realise you shouldn't have two RCDs in the same circuit!! Respect to the trades.... !
Replies
Views
  • Question
Better off with the click prw213 as it has twin screw termination.
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/QUPIR.html?source=adwords&ad_position=&ad_id=&placement=&kw=&network=x&matchtype=&ad_type=pla&product_id=QUPI...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There should be. Keep them all straight, insert two and then the third - don't twist them all together. If that doesn't work for some reason, use...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back