SY cable - earthing the braiding | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss SY cable - earthing the braiding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tomodo

-
Reaction score
Hi all, we have a situation where we have a 3 phase bit of equipment thats on a 32amp commando plug 3 phase. Its wired up in sy cable and using an sy gland the braiding is earthed on the load side. There is no room in the plug (supply side) to get both the braiding pigtailed up and the conductor in the plug terminal. Any advice on this? Also what is the most tough flexible cable on offer in the uk? The best i can find that isnt SY is Rubber HO7RN-F Cable.

Thanks

Interesting, I've seen it installed on plant but never used it.
I am not a fan of SY and will only use it on VFD connections or where shielding is required.
Most of the time I favour HO7 for isolator to equipment connections as it's resistance to most things is high.

Interesting, I've seen it installed on plant but never used it.
I am not a fan of SY and will only use it on VFD connections or where shielding is required.
Most of the time I favour HO7 for isolator to equipment connections as it's resistance to most things is high.
They do a cy type with pur coating and it is even tougher but is shielded

Reply to SY cable - earthing the braiding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Depending on the size of the company, ie, has a H&S department or H&S. I'd just use the phrase that's it's not compliant with BS standards and...
Replies
Views
In the 80's I was taught that with PME earthing arrangements we used 16mm for the main earthing conductor, some went a bit crazy and were bonding...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think the original was 'no lyrics'
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok Dave thanks, no more accidents yet 🙏😂….
    • Informative
    • Winner
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Therein lies the problem. I see no merit in further circular debate, so will bow out of this discussion.
2 3
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks