Tail Sizes on EIC | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Tail Sizes on EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

s1m0n

Hi,

I have recently replaced a consumer unit on a TT earthing arrangement.
I went down the local Building control route, no problem so far.

Sent in the completed certificate, but got it declined with this stated on the paperwork.

"TAIL SIZES NOT GIVEN THEREFORE UNABLE TO DETERMINE IF EARTH CABLE IS CORRECT"

I use the certifcates from BS7671 (short version)

I can not see any where that asks for the Tail sizes.

any input welcome.

Confused :confused:

Was it the Electrical Installation certificate you used. If so then it does ask for the size of the supply tails, if it didnt you have filled in the wrong form for the job. I assume the short version you refer to is the one that only requires one signature for construction, design and testing etc, even so this also does have the field to complete for the supply tails size.

regards...........Howard

Hi Sirkit breaker,

it is the one with just one signature for design,constructionand Inspecting & testing,

do you know exactly where on the form,

Thanks in advance

Simon

Was it the Electrical Installation certificate you used. If so then it does ask for the size of the supply tails, if it didnt you have filled in the wrong form for the job. I assume the short version you refer to is the one that only requires one signature for construction, design and testing etc, even so this also does have the field to complete for the supply tails size.

regards...........Howard

There is no field for supply tail sizes, only Earthing Conductor and Main Protective Bonding Conductor sizes.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Tail Sizes on EIC

Hi Graeme,

I can only see 2 pages of the Long form EIC, checked in BS7671 regs and GN3

Am I not looking in the right place?

Simon

Page 3 of the full EIC has a box for supply details where tail sizes and materials are listed.....

Are you talking about the same EIC? We're on about the model certificates from the BRB.

Just been right through the PDF and the EIC doesn't have a page 3. Page 3 would be the schedule of Inspections.

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Tail Sizes on EIC
    Page 1.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 18
    Page 2.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 12
    Page 3.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 8
    Page 4.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
A copy of page 1 of one of my EIC, page 2 is all the usual boring crud also!

Just to add, Simon if you would like me to post you a couple of the complete set of forms I will, these are non 'club' forms as I prefer these!

If you want a couple please PM me your address! Stick a couple of quid in the local charity box to cover postage!

Attachments

img009.jpg
    459.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
There is no field for supply tail sizes, only Earthing Conductor and Main Protective Bonding Conductor sizes.

I have never seen that form. The ones i fill in are the full EIC single signature, and these do have the relevant fields to fill in for the size of supply tails, protective conductors and all the rest of it.

Cheers.........Howard;)

I have never seen that form. The ones i fill in are the full EIC single signature, and these do have the relevant fields to fill in for the size of supply tails, protective conductors and all the rest of it.

Cheers.........Howard;)

You should have seen that form.

It's the one from the back of BS 7671 ;)

Reply to Tail Sizes on EIC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net