Terms and Conditions Discussion | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Terms and Conditions Discussion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Nearly Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok, I have just re-read the T&C.

Looks like we are no longer allowed to post pics from the regs as they are not copyright to us and are not our own work.
No more posting 'safe zones' or anything else.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Terms and Conditions Discussion

I presume the same is for quoting the regs?

By the way the terms haven't changed, they've always been like that. And you did agree them when signing up. I'm just double checking people are aware before they start erasing their account and assuming all their replies go.

I may be misunderstanding this, but can I not post a picture or a link to, say, a useful terminal block or tool or something that another forumite has asked about? Those things are in the public domain and as such the owners are unlikely to be upset at getting the publicity. If I post a pic or link and then say I do not like the product, all I need is a valid reason for saying so. It is not for this forum to legislate on such matters unless a user deliberately sets out to damage a product/company/regime/person/other entity at which point it is the poster who is at fault. We do NOT yet have absolute liability on websites for the actions of users, albeit Mark Zuckerberg is still in the firing line...wrongly, in my opinion...and yes...I may not be able to say exactly what I want, but i do still have the right to free speech...which I will defend for ever.
On a different point, the Terms are not very well written. I can say that because it is true. I commend the attempt to keep them brief and meaningful, which has largely been acheived, but I defend my right to say that there are some grammatical errors...ok?

I may be misunderstanding this, but can I not post a picture or a link to, say, a useful terminal block or tool or something that another forumite has asked about? Those things are in the public domain and as such the owners are unlikely to be upset at getting the publicity. If I post a pic or link and then say I do not like the product, all I need is a valid reason for saying so. It is not for this forum to legislate on such matters unless a user deliberately sets out to damage a product/company/regime/person/other entity at which point it is the poster who is at fault. We do NOT yet have absolute liability on websites for the actions of users, albeit Mark Zuckerberg is still in the firing line...wrongly, in my opinion...and yes...I may not be able to say exactly what I want, but i do still have the right to free speech...which I will defend for ever.
On a different point, the Terms are not very well written. I can say that because it is true. I commend the attempt to keep them brief and meaningful, which has largely been acheived, but I defend my right to say that there are some grammatical errors...ok?
You can post anything to anywhere you want.

If you pinch a picture, just be fine with me removing it if it gets reported. You'd be informed why at the time of removal.

Well if nothing else Dan you have single handedly managed to get people to actually read the terms and conditions. :D

To be fair they were short enough to read and clear enough to understand.

Completely unlike those who want to misuse personal data and hide behind indecipherable T's & C's

Well if nothing else Dan you have single handedly managed to get people to actually read the terms and conditions. :D

To be fair they were short enough to read and clear enough to understand.

Completely unlike those who want to misuse personal data and hide behind indecipherable T's & C's
Yup.

I've disabled linking accounts to facebook, twitter, and google. And anonymised IP address in analytics.

I'm trying to apply for accreditation from a security brand that gives us a badge. Showing we don't track, don't share, and do what we can to prevent everybody else doing it.

They're disgusting companies. I'm deleting my accounts with them once I've finished getting my content from them that I need.

I'm a bit late to this party and I haven't read all the replies but it's always been that you cant post a photo of a section from the regs or on site guides etc because of copyright laws.

We reword tiling regulations copied from the British Standards and they get through fine.

Can sometimes have copies of stuff for free if it's for training. Not sure if we can apply as a company to get a digital copy claiming we're training people on here and don't make money out of doing it? not sure if that would wash.

Perhaps that discussion is for those with access to the trainee area and make a thread in there.

Yup.

I've disabled linking accounts to facebook, twitter, and google. And anonymised IP address in analytics.

I'm trying to apply for accreditation from a security brand that gives us a badge. Showing we don't track, don't share, and do what we can to prevent everybody else doing it.

They're disgusting companies. I'm deleting my accounts with them once I've finished getting my content from them that I need.

I clicked the like button only because there isn't a * I really f****** like that! * button :)

Ironically it looks a lot like a certain social media icon :D

Reply to Terms and Conditions Discussion in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net