Testing and Inspection of Domestic Properties in Herts,Beds & Bucks | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Testing and Inspection of Domestic Properties in Herts,Beds & Bucks in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparky-Steve

HI All.

I am looking for a number of people who live in the Herts,Beds & Bucks areas who would like to work on their doorstep as so to speak, though please apply if you live outside the area. You will need to have your own tools and transportation.

I have a large number of domestic properties (Houses,Flats, Bungalows) that my client needs testing. We must leave each property with a satisfactory certificate where possible and where this is possible all code 1 and 2 must be done whilst in the property. We have been set a realistic budget for each property to achieve this.

So if you have a polite manner and get on well with people please email me direct with your cv and a bit about yourself. This is not a short term contract.

[email protected]

Hope to hear from a few of you soon

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been set a realistic budget for each property to achieve this.

Hi Steve. I'm curious as to what is 'a realistic budget' for each property. How much and how much time has been allocated per property? What size and age is a typical property?
Hope it all goes well for you.

HI All.

I am looking for a number of people who live in the Herts,Beds & Bucks areas who would like to work on their doorstep as so to speak, though please apply if you live outside the area. You will need to have your own tools and transportation.

I have a large number of domestic properties (Houses,Flats, Bungalows) that my client needs testing. We must leave each property with a satisfactory certificate where possible and where this is possible all code 1 and 2 must be done whilst in the property. We have been set a realistic budget for each property to achieve this.

So if you have a polite manner and get on well with people please email me direct with your cv and a bit about yourself. This is not a short term contract.

[email protected]

Hope to hear from a few of you soon

How many constitutes a large number of properties?

lol ....hmmmm large number of domestic properties .....council/housing association most likely, unless it is the Duke of Westminster that own half of london and he has branceh out to squires..........

Must leave the property satisfactory, so it strikes me that it would be like the good old, 250 notes a kitchen, 150 notes a CU change etc, 75 quid for a EICR comes to mind

No not really Pete

and this thread started off so positively...
OP: Don't take my post #2 in a negative way I am truly curious and would be happy if you replied to my questions.

lol ....hmmmm large number of domestic properties .....council/housing association most likely, unless it is the Duke of Westminster that own half of london and he has branceh out to squires..........

Must leave the property satisfactory, so it strikes me that it would be like the good old, 250 notes a kitchen, 150 notes a CU change etc, 75 quid for a EICR comes to mind

No not really Pete
Me neither, just seeing what it was all about

HI All,

Lots of negativity here!

lets start with satisfactory certificates. My client lives in the real world and is as an electrician by trade. He understands that not every certificate will come back satisfactory. It is for a local authority to whom spends a lot of money on their housing stock to keep them up to date, So it doesn't mean that every house, sheltered scheme is going to fail as soon as we walk through the door.
Not every council and housing trust should be tarnished by the same brush, I have come from the commercial industry to social housing 5yrs ago and yes i have come across some shocking scenes. I believe that this is one area that gets neglected a lot and there are to many so called electricians out there undertaking work they are not even qualified to do.

I only posted this here to see if there are people here who wanted to work within maybe there own community and surrounding areas.

Do my questions in post #2 not warrant a reply... :(

Sorry Spoon - Quantity = depends on those that choose to work on there own and those that work as pairs. generally one man will undertake 2 3bed houses a day

We try to keep the same team or individual within the same street and area . Flats and bungalows are generally easier to test as i am sure you are well aware.

Not sure how long it will take to test two 3 bed houses mate. I work in Industrial not the Domestic section. I'm sure someone will comment on this who is more in the know. Just seen some jobs that expect people to test about 5 houses a day.

Not sure how long it will take to test two 3 bed houses mate. I work in Industrial not the Domestic section. I'm sure someone will comment on this who is more in the know. Just seen some jobs that expect people to test about 5 houses a day.

When i was doing my Peridoics (2395) my tutor said he did his own house and took him all day, and thats i a house he knows.

you would have to just pick a few circuits and do 5 a day..

but Domestic house going back out for the Public, you would have to do the full test really.

When i was doing my Peridoics (2395) my tutor said he did his own house and took him all day, and thats i a house he knows.

you would have to just pick a few circuits and do 5 a day..

but Domestic house going back out for the Public, you would have to do the full test really.

In fairness that depends entirely on what is agreed with the client. Once upon a time I did work in social housing for a government organisation here which is responsible for all social housing (as this power was removed from the local councils in the early 1970s). From memory they allowed 2.5 hours per property for inspection and testing between tenancies.

So depending on what is required then two per day should be achievable (although depending also what remedial work is required).

i believe for houses, with new people letting the place you have to do a 100% checks on the place to make sure.

a few people Tash a place (even make it danger) when leaving a house (slams door and walks out)

With the greatest of respect I think it is good of you to come on here and offer work. But you can't blame the more experienced hands on here being skeptical

Your client is an electrician so he has tendered and won the contract. Knowing social housing contracts there isn't going to be a lot of fat on that price. It sounds as though your an agency of some kind so you going to have some of what is left of that fat.

That then leaves the guys doing the testing the scraps and it usually is scraps. I won't ask your prices Steve because that would be unethical but I'm guessing my 75 pound a test isn't far off the mark.

As your client negotiated what testing there is to done and what limitations there are set on it?
Is there a price or day rate for the remedials or are you expected to do them under the terms of the test?

As I said it was good that you came on and are offering work that is commendable.

Reply to Testing and Inspection of Domestic Properties in Herts,Beds & Bucks in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net