The dark loft. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss The dark loft. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
I rewired my loft three or four years ago fitting two twin 58w fluorescents. Been up and down getting Christmas stuff down, about the third time there was a pop from one of the fittings and it stopped working. Back up there today and a bigger pop from the other which took the breaker out now I have darkness, looked in both and no signs of damage or water ingress and whilst it may be a bit damp up there I never expected them both to go at virtually the same time.

have darkness, looked in both and no signs of damage or water ingress and whilst it may be a bit damp up there
Have you rang a local spark to assist, what I'm on about, could you have walked on a cable and damage it, IR the cable and all will be revealed.any way
I'm off to the pub for more drink po.

I rewired my loft three or four years ago fitting two twin 58w fluorescents. Been up and down getting Christmas stuff down, about the third time there was a pop from one of the fittings and it stopped working. Back up there today and a bigger pop from the other which took the breaker out now I have darkness, looked in both and no signs of damage or water ingress and whilst it may be a bit damp up there I never expected them both to go at virtually the same time.
I had this a few months ago, a little furry friend had made a railway line out of the FTE.

unless you want to be working over the holidays
invest in one of these?

I'd get a couple of the 5' 'high output' LED battens, they give at least as much light if not more that the old twin flourescent - and instant 100% light.
It is exactly what I am going to do.

What's the temperatures like in the loft. I had some that blew once when starting up from very cold. Could of just been coincidence though

Reply to The dark loft. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net