The great British Bake off, how big must the cable be to the tent! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss The great British Bake off, how big must the cable be to the tent! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was wondering (like you do) how they would supply power to the tent they use in the great british bake off, if you assume that the cookers they are using are roughly 15Kw with diversity thats 26.5A per cooker, there is at least 10 of them plus sundry other electrical appliances, presumably there is going to be a gurt big cable out the back somewhere, has anyone ever had to supply something like this before? and yes, I do have too much time on my hands.

D2E

Brightspark2
Remember the thread the other day when the guy was adamant that he didn't want LED liGhts in the ceiling, maybe you should have suggested one of those babies,
At least he would have had to cut only 1 hole in the ceiling
not sure about the plastic cladding tho.......

Brightspark2
Remember the thread the other day when the guy was adamant that he didn't want LED liGhts in the ceiling, maybe you should have suggested one of those babies,
At least he would have had to cut only 1 hole in the ceiling
not sure about the plastic cladding tho.......

Ha ha yeh...

Think it would be a struggle getting the ballast up there too...maybe he could just put it outside the window shining in, no plastic cladding to worry about then...jobs a good un...:rolleyes:

Sent from my Xperia S using next doors WIFI.

ive worked on few outdoor events doing cameras and i spent more time hanging out with the sparks and it was generator here and generator there and a oil lorry came and topped up every so often.

i.e behind the stage was a big brute of a generator and at smaller tents there was a smaller one..

Reply to The great British Bake off, how big must the cable be to the tent! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back