The hood kitchen goes into on/standby mode when I plug in the espresso maker! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss The hood kitchen goes into on/standby mode when I plug in the espresso maker! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

The hood kitchen goes into on/standby mode when I plug in the espresso maker(I don't even turn on the Espresso maker).
What is causing this problem?

[ElectriciansForums.net] The hood kitchen goes into on/standby mode when I plug in the espresso maker!

Does it happen if you plug the espresso machine into a different outlet?

Does it happen if you plug something else into that outlet?

Strange place to have an outlet… above the gas burners….

And, I’ve got the same glass plates…. That’s weird.

Thank you, Could it be due to interference between electronic components in the espresso machine and the touch hood keyboard?
It could be that the coffee machine has a mains filter (including capacitors) across the power input before the on/off switch, and the act of plugging it in creates EMC interference (a spike) that upsets the cooker hood controller. I don't think it's necessarily anything sinister.
The options are:
Put the coffee maker somewhere else on a different circuit.
Leave it plugged in!
Put an interference suppressor on the power input to the cooker hood (or at least try one - it may or may not help!)

Reply to The hood kitchen goes into on/standby mode when I plug in the espresso maker! in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The ideal solution would be a 1 or thereabouts ohm NTC thermistor rated at say 10 or 15Amps. It would get hot so you'd have to have it safely...
Replies
Views
Not just any radiator though, it should only be the radiator in the room where the thermostat for each zone is located which doesn't have a TRV.
Replies
Views
davesparks
D
Thanks James - The earth is TN-C-S. This means the earth is derived from the neutral at my inlet. The DNO live and neutral are disconnected by...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think over there you would call it a gfci which we call an (RCD) Residual Current Device or RCCB, an RCBO here is an (RCD) Residual Current...
Replies
Views
Is this a plumbing question or is your underfloor heating electric? It sounds like you have a mechanical problem, like a stuck solenoid /...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks