The IET and the 18th edition publications | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss The IET and the 18th edition publications in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Arms
Reaction score
I was wondering around at the ELEX show at the Richo Stadium yesterday, and stopped the NICEIC and IET stands.
I counted the number of publications currently on sale 27 books, and I thought, would they all need to be replaced when the 18th comes into force, surprise surprise, no one would give me a definitive answer, Any one got any thoughts?

Near neighbours the same, using trades persons. Wednesday windows cleaned. Thursday grass cut. Friday house cleaned washing & ironing returned. Saturday once a month, oven cleaned. Sunday takes his car to polish. Once every 6 months, grass fed & weeded. Gardener in every month to prune the shrubs.

Trouble her indoors, bangs on about the windows need cleaning. 'Why don't we get a window cleaner!'.

I was reading about this chap who has installed Amazon Alexa, 'Alexa, turn on lounge light, Alexa turn on table lamp' :rolleyes: Why don't they get off their fat bums, and turn the light on themselves.
Oh yes forgot about the gardeners and window cleaners.

last time i went to elex, manchester. advertised as ample free parking. when i got there, there was a bloody circus occupying 50% of the available parking and it took nearly an hour to get a parking space.

last time i went to elex, manchester. advertised as ample free parking. when i got there, there was a bloody circus occupying 50% of the available parking and it took nearly an hour to get a parking space.
NICCY with a bloody big stall in the car park, eh?

If they do that at Aintree they'll have most of their stuff niccyed.

Last edited:
NICCY with a bloody big stall in the car park, eh?

If they do that at Aintree they'll have most of their stuff niccyed.
Reckon Tel would be first in line with me close 2nd even that far away, I aint a crimal mind you, just following the rest I'm a smooth criminal
I sit me, or does that Woman's voice on the intro to this video tick you off?

that song always reminds me of when i lived in stoke, a local DJ (since unfortunately deceased) used to sing along with it..... "annie get yer oatcakes". (for the southerners, google staffordshire oatcakes )

To quote a friend of mine, it's all about money, not about safety.
Stephen Devine (IET) wouldn't look me in the eye when I got the microphone at the IET seminar on Thursday afternoon, after I finished, he mumbled something trying to defend what the 18th was proposing, and wouldn't meet my gaze later in the day when I was on the stand talking to his colleagues, and it was the same on Friday too!..
Much of this is nonsense, and is just a money making exercise, it is certainly not ethical.
#e5.

To quote a friend of mine, it's all about money, not about safety.
Stephen Devine (IET) wouldn't look me in the eye when I got the microphone at the IET seminar on Thursday afternoon, after I finished, he mumbled something trying to defend what the 18th was proposing, and wouldn't meet my gaze later in the day when I was on the stand talking to his colleagues, and it was the same on Friday too!..
Much of this is nonsense, and is just a money making exercise, it is certainly not ethical.
#e5.
Funny you should have tagged #E5 as I first saw that this morning when having a browse through Twitter. All about PartP and the scam shareholders and it being a money making exercise. Will keep an eye on it. Thought it was just a ‘hackney’ thing because of the postcode.

Reply to The IET and the 18th edition publications in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net