theft of copper cable | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss theft of copper cable in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
On the BBC this morning reported that the theft of copper cable nation wide due to increased prices at the scappers (around £4000 per ton). It showed young men pushing full reels of multi core hv cable from business yards and also from railway tracks that are still energized. I know times are hard at the moment but I don't fancy cutting through live hv swa to make a quick buck. I'm sure there will be the odd cowboy sparky doing this as well and won't be too long before we get an early guy forks. I could make a joke about safe isolation but it may offend the mupets that put their lives at risks.

Bloody hell, I got £2K per ton 3 weeks ago and thought that was good............Heard that burning flesh smells like BBQ chicken......

Three things on copper theft (esp when live)

1. Removes muppets from the human gene pool!!
2. Not happy about the disruption it causes, but
3. Keeps a sparky in work somewhere..........

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, it's a pain in the backside, but on the other hand, its Darwinism at work. Let's be honest, the fewer of these horrible pikeys that spawn their own grotty little lawless families, the better. Let the work-shy toerags cook.

Bright was 4 grand on the 20th.

I have about 90 kilo of 2.5mm singles, but really cant be bothered to strip the insulation off.
Was quoted £1.40/kilo but cant be bothered to drive 8 miles to drop it off.
Hmmm, I think I am in a cant be bothered mood lately!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have about 90 kilo of 2.5mm singles, but really cant be bothered to strip the insulation off.
Was quoted £1.40/kilo but cant be bothered to drive 8 miles to drop it off.
Hmmm, I think I am in a cant be bothered mood lately!

That is a low price. I got £2 per kilo as is!!!!!! Stripped you should be up nearer £3 per kilo if not more!!!

Why bother, the time it takes to strip the wire, you could earn 10 times as much working, there wont be a sufficient difference in price to ever warrant me stripping wire from the sheath...........

London Metal Exchange has a handy website for watching cost trends in Copper (as well as other Metals) As you'll see on the price graphs, a 25% rise since June would suggest Cable prices are going to continue to rise for the forseeable future.:(

Copper charts

Reply to theft of copper cable in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks