THTC and SPD's | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss THTC and SPD's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ferg

-
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Probably more of a question for those north of the border.
What is everyone doing for Board changes with Total Heating Total Control?

I had thought to use a 4 pole SPD in a separate enclosure but Space is a bit limited and adding another 8w board might be a bit tight.
Or additional SPD kit in an SPD split load board with an additional small board for the hot water.

For context it's 2 THTC boards on separate phases and a domestic board on the third phase.
So would need 2 additional 8w boards for the first option.

Each THTC board has 6 peak time loads, 6 off peak loads and the timed hot water. so a slightly modified hi integrity dual rcd board, ( Main switches and RCBO's for 2 feeds, RCD and MCB for hot water.) was my previous method.

The storage heaters are the old type with no electronics, the hot water doesn't have timers, electric showers and panel heaters do have electronics. So a possible but not great argument for using SPD only on the 24hr side.

None of my solutions are ideal so hoping someone else has a better one. :rolleyes:

Reply to THTC and SPD's in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net