Currently reading:
Thumping sound in top of breaker box

Discuss Thumping sound in top of breaker box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

does the breaker energise a contactor? i.e. it feeds the coil of the contactor as well as maybe other equipment.

Ring has escaped so sorry couldn't resit, overload maybe
does the breaker energise a contactor? i.e. it feeds the coil of the contactor as well as maybe other equipment.
It is a breaker to the bedroom
[automerge]1578681649[/automerge]
It is a breaker to the bedroom
Maybe saying the sound is at the top is incorrect, but the sound is definitely coming from the breaker box when I flip the breaker back on. Thump, thump, thump, thump and then the breaker works again.

Last edited:
Have a 20amp breaker that flips 3-4 times a month, when flipping back on I get a thumping sound coming from the top of the breaker box, Causes?
There could be your problem. Could that sound be arcing among all the wires which could possibly have a naked place in it somewhere. What does the breaker control?

Reply to Thumping sound in top of breaker box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock