timer for lighting 3 x 150w halogen | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss timer for lighting 3 x 150w halogen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
as from one of my earlier posts, i have been asked to install these fittings if i was to put on a timer would i get 24hr 7 day timer and would this be a straight feed to timer then off to fittings???

cheers trev

yh, i would put a fused spur(5A) as im tapping off somewhere.

does it have to be 7 day timer??? i was thinking maybe just 24hr one, as he can change accordingly to suit morning light and evening.

would one of these time clocks have an overide like with a central heating timer// any links?? ty

24hr timgeurad .... Note: TS900 & TS930 Not to be used with fluorescent or low energy lighting. Can be used with filament lighting up to 400W. Cannot be used with discharge lighting (e.g. SON and Metal Halide). ETU2000 & ETU8000 can be used with up to 500W of fluorescent or low energy lighting and up to a 1hp motor. Can also be used with up to 2500W of filament lighting. Cannot be used with discharge lighting, (e.g. SON and Metal Halide).

any directions for the no hoper here ..

Socket Box Timer

I have used these timers for MH lights or Sons, they are not pretty and the 7 day increments are quite large but have been dead reliable and pretty cheap.
Tried the timeguard digital ones and the display was too small for my eyes. There is a manual overide although quite small button. I have found most of my customers can handle setting these up. However they will loose the time if it is switched off so try not to them use the FSU as a switch.
cheers

yep, it needs L and N to power the little clockwork timer and has easily identified NO timer contacts. So LNE in and timed L out, all done in terminal block.
Have put in around a dozen of these.
The link has the wiring diagrams, i have never used the digital version which looks more delicate. They say not to be used for discharge lighting but i have used them for small MH units like you are thinking off. Worst case you have to drive the lights of a contactor driven by the timer, Sq D do a nice beefy 20A contactor that has the umph to make and break discharge lighting if you need 600 + watts etc..

Last edited:
Just a though...What about installing a photocell, this would allow the timer to be set for example 4:00 to 11:00, but the lights would only energise when it went dark. It would save wasting energy with lights on while the sun is still up.

Reply to timer for lighting 3 x 150w halogen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net